King Bhumibol Adulyadej isn’t only famous for his greatness but for his wisdom, too. In the following, discover some of his most loved quotes that you might want to use for inspiration.
“No academic knowledge can be acquired all at once. One has to gradually accumulate the knowledge until it is broad-based and comprehensive. In learning, it is necessary gradually to build up what is learnt, as the base for higher and more in-depth knowledge.”
Source: Study International
The King has given emphasis on the importance of education. In his reign as a king, he put high regards to it—especially on life-long learning. He believes that it cannot be acquired all at once, but it is built up over time.
From granting scholarships and establishing schools, the King has earned the title of the Teacher of the Land.
Every time he needed to give a speech to students, he reminded them NOT to stop learning and improving.
Other famous quotes
- The will to work of everyone in the country is the best guarantee of national survival.
- I have been extremely touched by these signs of affection on the part of all the Thai people.
- Everyone must correct his own self; this is something more difficult to cope with, but it is not impossible.
- The important thing for the survival of the Thai society is that the majority of those who work, both in the government and the private sector, still strive to work in the same direction; this is why the Thai nation still stands.
- Goodness is something that makes us serene and content; it is magnificent. Those who are not good are evil.
- Nature is something outside our body, but the mind is within us.
- A good person can make another person good; it means that goodness will elicit goodness in the society; other persons will also be good.
- In Thailand’s history, there have been dissensions from time to time, but in general, unity has prevailed.
What famous quotes from the King you think is closely similar to what you believe in? Tell us in the comment section. Finally, share this article with friends if you think they’d love to know about it, too.